…the flu --- yep we got it…I don’t know if it is the h1n1 ‘it’ or just an ‘it’ it – but we’re not feeling great here.
So…might not hear from me for a bit. I don’t feel like bloggin (& I always feel like bloggin!) Instead – I want to snuggle with my kiddos (who are also sick) on the couch & lysol everything!!
But I did want to pass along a wonderful bit of news:
I’ve been awarded my first award!! Yippee – yahoo!
The wonderful PK from Room Remix has nominated my little ol blog for the Kreativ Blog Award
With the privilege of being awarded – there is a bit of follow up to then recognize others. (But this work isn’t daunting – without the support of others where would we be? Pay it forward…)
Here are the ‘rules’ for PASSING ON THE AWARDS:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award in your blog post.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each.
There are so many fantastic blogs out there & so many fabulous posts – this was hard to pick only 7.
I've linked to one of each blogger's projects that caught my attention recently (in no particular order):
Sunny Days – this girl is just so stinkin cute!! and her blog – great displays with wonderful colors & great combinations of items!
Fiona & Twig wonderful style – great colors
Moody Girl - check out this little stool tutorial – cuteness for her kiddos!
Salvage Dior – look what this girl can do with stuff from the dollar store!
From House to Home – for lovers of older homes this is the site for you!!
Beyond the Picket Fence – hello – can you say vintage charm and ingenuity? Check out this post about a new vision for an old drawer!
Buzzings of a Queen Bee – Numbered Pumpkins – pure genius & just gorgeous!
& here are 7 things you don’t know about me:
1. I live in the northern tundra (not really the tundra but feels like it somedays) but I ADORE the warmth of a beach. I wish I could have the change of season AND mild weather all the time!
2. I’m always cold – thus…why I long for the beach as noted in #1 above
3. I’ve always loved home decorating….my mom always checked out home decor books from the library growing up & I poured over them even as a little kid
4. I really ENJOY cooking for people who enjoy EATING
5. I love living in the country & the solitude that brings but I CANNOT be too far from a town (a Target MUST be close by!)
6. My least favorite chore is grocery shopping…I like making the list & the planning but dread the time spent collecting all the items at the store & then paying (well - that part is particularly distasteful these days!)
7. We bought a riding lawn mower this summer & (shhhh - don’t tell my husband!) but I actually enjoy mowing the lawn…that fresh clean, orderly feeling after it’s done is very satisfying!
8. I am a list maker. I LOVE crossing off (even mundane) things from my to-do list.
9. I want to live on a farm someday with a big barn!
10.I get my energy from the sun--- I’m much more productive on a sunny day (even if it is cold) than on a dreary gray day.
ooops that was 10 things (I was only supposed to do seven- it’s the delirium of the flu setting in I think!) PASS IT ON (the support of fellow bloggers not the flu!)
Hope to see you (& be back at it) soon -